APR Direct Replacement Brake Discs - Front - 340x30mm
APR Direct Replacement Brake Discs are a plug-and-play upgrade for your factory brakes. They provide reduced brake fade, improved brake consistency, and excellent modulation, especially during repeated consecutive braking applications or spirited driving. The rotors have improved resistance to distortion, warping, and cracking at high temperatures. They pair perfectly with the APR Direct Replacement Advanced Street Pads, and provide a no-compromise solution for spirited daily driving.
- Direct replacement front brake discs
- 340x30 mm slotted and vented design
- Reduced brake fade and improved brake consistency
- Improved initial braking response or bite
- Improved brake modulation, especially during emergency stops
- Improved resistance to rotor distortion, warping, and cracking at high temps
- Slot pattern specifically designed to evenly distribute heat across the rotor surface
- Slot pattern operates smoothly and quietly over a wide application range
- Cast in Europe from a proprietary high carbon cast-iron alloy
- Machined to tolerances up to three times tighter than the industry norm
- Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR) system
- Proprietary black, anti-contamination finish ensures no oils are transferred to the pads
- Suitable for normal daily driving and spirited driving
APR Rotor Material, Casting and Machining
APR Discs are cast from a high-carbon cast iron alloy, proprietary to our company, which provides outstanding durability and stability under high thermal loads experienced during spirited driving. Our slot pattern ensures even heat distribution across the disc surface while delivering a strong initial bite and excellent release characteristics. In spite of the aggressive slot pattern, low levels of noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) are maintained under braking. We measure every single APR disc assembly for run-out and disc thickness variation (DTV) using Swiss measuring equipment. Furthermore, there is no batch or statistical quality checking-- every individual disc is measured. Additionally, the discs are machined to tolerances which are up to three times tighter than the industry norm.
APR Rotor Surface Finish
APR Discs are covered with an exceptional black surface coating. Prior to this application, the discs are degreased chemically so that no contaminants, including machining fluids, will be left on the discs that can negatively affect brake performance. The coating can withstand very high temperatures and is flexible enough to expand and contract without flaking or peeling off during thermal cycles. The discs require no preparation or cleaning before fitting other than ensuring that the car's hub is clean. After the first 4-5 brake applications, the black coating will be removed by the brake pads in the pad track areas. However, the unswept disc areas will remain coated, protecting against corrosion.
APR Rotor Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR) System
Our MTR System provides a permanent record of the peak operating temperatures reached by the rotors under actual driving. This information is valuable in terms of checking that you are not overheating the discs. Each tab will change color when the temperature range is met. The final longer red tab will provide a color gradient chart to further refine specific temperatures.
MTR Guide: Blue turns brown at 527 F (275 deg C). Green turns white at 860 F (460 deg C). Orange turns yellow at 1,022 F (550 deg C). Pink turns white at 1,166 F (630 deg C). Lastly the longer red strip turns various shades from 219 F to 2,318 F (104 to 1,270 deg C).