- Internal FDS design forces airflow evenly through intercooler core
- Lowers intake air temp (IAT) 74% lower than stock
- 137% larger core size than stock
- Defends against power robbing heat soak
- Recovers from heat soak faster
- 600+ horsepower capable design
- Increases horsepower and torque
- Used on record-breaking cars
- OEM location allows for the massive core size
- 425mmX621mmX70mm bar & fin core size
- 9% lower pressure drop than stock
- Outperforms smaller "front-mount" designs
- In-house CNC machined aluminum cast end tanks
- Hand TIG welded and pressure tested in USA
- Bolt-in hassle free design for easy install
- Reinforced mounting brackets and bosses for reliability
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) optimized
- High-grip and beveled inlet/oulets for boost-leak free connections
- Compatible with Adaptive Crusie Control (ACC)
IE FDS Intercooler Kit for VW MK7/MK8 & Audi 8V/8Y 2.0T & 1.8T Gen 3 | Fits MQB GTI, Golf R, GLI, Golf, A3, S3
THE ONE AND ONLY FDS™
When it comes to cooling air flow, it's all about efficiency. IE's Flow Distribution System (FDS) is light years ahead of other intercoolers, delivering an effective use of the entire core by utilizing precisely shaped fins to force air flow evenly across the entire surface. As a result, the IE FDS intercooler has been proven to drastically reduce intake air temperatures more so than any other units available on the market -offering the largest power gains possible.
NO BOOST LEAKS
Nothing is worse than a boost leak! Advanced CNC machining of the inlet and outlet produces a high-grip surface that locks the silicone into place. A flat stop edge prevents the hose from being installed too far forward while a beveled edge adds enhanced grip for the hose clamp to stop it from sliding back. This high attention to detail creates a friction grip keeping your boost hoses in place for good.
Dedicated to life-long reliable operation, the end tanks are manufactured from from high quality aluminum castings with ultra-thick and reinforced mounting. When it comes to fitting this massive IC into place, there is no room for error. All mounting bosses and surfaces are in-house precision CNC machined and hand verified for an exact fit.
Manufacturing the largest intercooler on the market is not easy and leaves no room for mistakes. After the end tanks are meticulously in-house CNC machined, the core and tanks are combined with incredible precision TIG welding. Every single intercooler goes through a multi-point critical inspection and is tested on our leak-down station before shipping. This work ensures a reliable product that it is ready to install.
Despite it's size and features, the IE FDS intercooler is a perfect OEM replacement and requires no modifications to install. Mounting points for the factory radiator and intercooler mounts are machined in. Stainless steel mount brackets are included for an improved and stronger condenser mount. Everything around the performance unit remains untouched and installs as if it were a factory piece.
2022+ MK8 & 8Y vehicles may require very minor trimming of the plasic radiator shroud during install